Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sheathing, wrap, and a door

IMG_5192
IMG_5190
IMG_5213
Once again I went to work (at my job) and returned home to progress. My dad, with some help of my mom, finished sheathing the walls and got it all wrapped up. He installed a temporary door from the collection in the barn. I do love this one's handles. And he put up some sturdier, yet also temporary, steps. He seems motivated to get the house built so that I will move away... or maybe he is concerned about it getting weathered in before the rain comes. Thanks to him either way. Actually, I will be off for a couple of months at camp doing some outdoor education work... so things on the blog should be quiet.
Some folks have come by and visited the house already and even signed it. They mostly write encouraging messages on the studs so that I will always be surrounded by well wishes. You should come by and sign the house that is now strategically placed next to the vineyard.