Monday, March 9, 2009

Patiently waiting for the next step.


I'm anxious to get started, but it did snow again today. I've vowed to wait on buying the 7' x 18' trailer until after the workshop in May. The best deal seems to be at Freeway Trailers in Fife. Things I have learned I want to avoid include beavertails and tilt beds. A tilt bed wouldn't be horrible, however I don't want to pay for features I don't need. This is something that one salesman wanted to convince me I wouldn't be able to find. Another important feature to look for is a set of four brakes. Some states are comfortable with only two, but we don't want to be limited. Luckily, all the trailers I've looked at come with this standard. It does seem that salesmen want you to think that their trailer is the only one that special. Good times.

No comments: